Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Introduction

I've now started at least seven blogs, each time with grand visions of writing witty, edgy, fresh entries full of pop culture and hilarious anecdotes and sentimental blather. And in all those attempts I think I might have gotten up to four blog posts before losing interest because no one read what I was writing and it really wasn't that good, anyway.

So this time, my focus will be to write for me. In fact, I'm quite certain that writing becomes much more enjoyable for me when I'm not wondering the whole time if my "audience" is going to like what I have to say.

Generally, I plan to write about books I'm reading or have read (and good movies I've seen); my experiences as I strive to transform myself from an overweight runner into just a runner; my photography which, admittedly, is in the infant stage--I got a new camera for Christmas and have taken a few pictures, but not much. I want to post my photography on here and talk about the stories that they tell; and I want to write about sports. Every time I think about what my dream job is, my mind eventually, inevitably, returns to sports. Of course, I reserve the right to stray from these topics as my interests and mood dictate.

My end goal is to hopefully learn a little more about myself--what drives me and what makes me happy. Because in the end, what I think I most want to be able to say is that I was happy, and that I made others happy.

So, to that end, I begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment